Sponsorships support public humanities events, programs, and opportunities that help institutions serving the people of Connecticut explore and promote the enduring value of public humanities in our lives and civil society. CT Humanities (CTH) sponsorships are intended to fund activities that align with CTH’s mission and strategic goals and objectives, with the intent of providing visibility and access to strategic audiences that are not currently being served by CTH through its normal grantmaking and other initiatives. CTH will provide funding up to $2,000 for an organization’s event in return for marketing visibility and exposure.
• Support events/programs with a large number of attendees or viewership
• Support activities that are free or low cost to attend
• Provide equitable access to the humanities or professional development opportunities for humanities-serving institutions
• Support underserved areas of the humanities (i.e., geographic, demographic, humanities disciplines)
• Support activities that meet CTH priorities, but whose structure and scholarship are not fitted for CTH’s traditional granting program
• Support organizations not recently funded by CTH grants
Award decision: Award notifications are made approximately one month following a deadline.
Before applying, organizations must contact CTH staff member Lian Partridge at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your sponsorship idea. Applications submitted without prior communication with CTH staff will not be considered.Online Grant Application Portal